Lies.com Podcast 28 is about Beatlemania, Obamamania, the love of a good adversary, and learning to man up and commit already. Warning: includes foul-mouthed sex-advice columnist Dan Savage.
Feel free to help me get more listeners by casting a vote at Podcast Alley. You could also post a customer review at iTunes, if you’re feeling really motivated.
- Jack Paar narrates a pre-Ed Sullivan Show clip of The Beatles
- Bush in his February 28 press conference tells the press “nice try” for asking about the people’s right to know
- Dana and Helen go at it (again) on torture
- Bush’s March 8, 2008, radio address on his veto of the anti-torture bill
- Snuggly the Security Bear
- Stephen Payne offers to set up meetings with top administration officials in response to big donations to the Bush Library
- Dana struggles to explain the Stephen Payne video
- Music: “She Said She Said” by the Beatles from Revolver
- Tucker Carlson lectures journalist Gerri Peev about journalistic ethics
- Hillary’s 3 a.m. ad
- Hillary’s campaign conference call: When has she been tested by crisis?
- Music: “Come Together” by Joe Cocker from the Across the Universe soundtrack
- Beatles are introduced in Indianapolis, 1964
- Beatles are introduced at the Cow Palace, 1964
- Beatles are introduced by Ed Sullivan at Shea Stadium, 1965
- Obama’s acceptance speech, June 3, 2008
- Robert Redford in The Candidate: “Marvin, what do we do now?”
- Richard Bausch reads from his story, “Letter to the Lady of the House” (from TAL #349)
- Music: “Blackbird” by Evan Rachel Wood from the Across the Universe soundtrack
- Dan Savage on commitment from Savage Lovecast #71
- Music: “Hey Jude/Sgt. Pepper’s (reprise)” by the Beatles from the Love album