So I came across the link to a site called Fox News Porn yesterday. I think they editorialize a bit, but honestly their basic premise is solid. Enjoy.
Archive for November, 2007
I admit I found reference to this in a Glenn Greenwald post, but rather than link to that, I’ll link directly to the original speech Bush recently gave before the Federalist Society. Go read it in its un-spun, un-commented-on form, as I believe it speaks entirely for itself.
I remember when CNN still had some journalistic integrity. It was sort of like an appendix, I guess; a vestigial organ left over from an earlier evolutionary stage. I watched Bernard Shaw and Peter Arnett broadcast live from Baghdad at the start of the first Gulf War; did they know at the time, I wonder, that what they were doing was a weird sort of kabuki theater, a throwback to an earlier tradition that was well on its way to obsolescence?
Anyway, those days are long gone. As evidence of that, I offer the following clip, aired during “news” coverage recently by CNN:
Obscure reference for ymatt:
> forty cnn journalistic integrity
Lies.com Podcast 25 is the “fucking jail” edition, featuring:
- Bush on torture
- Dana Perino on torture
- more Dana Perino on torture
- Music: The Weepies – Suicide Blonde
- Dana Perino on Condoleezza Rice being called a war criminal by Code Pink
- A different recording of Rice being called a war criminal; this one from Rice’s microphone, so you can hear her reaction
- Sean Penn on how George Tenet et al. should be in fucking jail
- Lawyer Candace Gorman on Guantanamo
- Lawyer Clive Stafford Smith on Guantanamo
- Capt. Pat McCarthy, the U.S. government’s lead counsel in Guantanamo, responding to Smith’s charges
- Music: Godspeed You Black Emperor! – Dead Flag Blues
- Act V, Jack Hitt’s piece for This American Life on the production of Hamlet performed in 2002 by inmates at the Missouri Eastern Correctional Center
- Music: Mute Math – Reset
In response to the feedback offered by Sven, I’ve cut back on the music (but the music I included is pretty badass). No Aly and AJ; I promise.