Interesting discussion from the Minneapolis Star Tribune about how it was that they didn’t report on Larry Craig’s airport arrest at the time it happened: How did reporters miss the Craig arrest?
Archive for September, 2007
This one makes me cranky: Papers Please: Arrested At Circuit City. It’s a near-carbon-copy of Hiro’s receipt-check story, except that in this case, the guy who knew his rights and stood up to the intimidation by a security guard (and then by a police officer) ended up getting arrested.
Can you say “wrongful arrest suit”? I knew that you could.
Some Alberto Gonzales, some Larry Craig, some Miss Teen South Carolina… Lies.com Podcast 23 has something for everyone.
- Gonzales’s goodbye announcement.
- Bush on Gonzales’s departure.
- Music: Drugs – Talking Heads from Fear of Music.
- Larry Craig’s interrogation.
- Larry Craig’s 8/28 statement denying wrongdoing.
- Larry Craig’s 9/1 announcement of his resignation.
- Music: Mea Culpa – Byrne/Eno from My Life in the Bush of Ghosts.
- Bush with new homeowners on the second anniversary of Katrina.
- 18-year-old Ashley Nelson on the Katrina aftermath – from This American Life.
- 18-year-old Caitlin Upton (Miss Teen South Carolina) on another disaster’s aftermath – from the Today Show.
- Music: The Difficult Kind – Sheryl Crow & Sarah McLachlan from Live in Central Park.
- Fresh Air interview with photographer and journalist Paul Watson.
- Music: One Perfect Lie – Gary Numan from Pure.
- Noah Adams interviews 8-year-old Betsy Walter (and the 29-year-old Betsy-from-the-future) on her parent’s divorce – from This American Life.
- Music: Wake Up – Love Spit Love from Love Spit Love.
Kevin Drum spells out how General Petraeus has played US public opinion and the Congress like a harp, setting everyone up for a completely manufactured “reality” that Bush’s troop surge is accomplishing great things in Iraq: General Petraeus’s PR Blitzkrieg.