Join me in exploring my obsessions in Lies.com Podcast 24: lying politicians, in-the-moment actors and reporters, and teenage girl pop stars.
I don’t know what people think of this format I’ve been using for the podcasts lately; people are downloading them and presumably listening, but the number is small and I don’t get a lot of feedback.
I mostly make these as audio journals of the more-interesting stuff I’ve been listening to on my commute. When I hear something that makes me think, huh, I could listen to that again, I make a mental note to throw it in a podcast. Then I try to add some music that seems appropriate, either in terms of mood, or in terms of a specific lyrical commentary.
I don’t know that there are many other people doing podcasts like this, which may be trying to tell me something. But I find it interesting, and I enjoy listening to them myself (re-listening to them) during the commute.
Anyway, if you’ve listened to these recent ones and have any comments pro or con, feel free to pass them on. Thanks.
- Bush on “36 nations with troops on the ground” in Iraq
- Ken Olbermann and Chris Matthews wonder what Bush was thinking
- Music: Invisible Day – Chris Whitley / War Crime Blues
- Tony Snow and CNN’s Suzanne Malveaux arguing about Bush’s poll numbers
- Obama on Bush on Meet the Press
- Music: Nebulus – Fluke / Puppy
- Charlie Savage on Fresh Air
- Music: One Very Important Thought – Boards of Canada / The Campfire Headphase
- Al Gore on SNL
- Colin Powell on Obama on Meet the Press
- Music: If I Could Have You Back – Aly and AJ / Insomniatic
- Iraq veteran Sam Slaven recounting his time in Iraq on This American Life
- Music: The First Noel / Mary Mary – Sara McLachlan / Wintersong
- Radio reporter Herb Morrison describes the arrival of the Hindenburg
- Poet Robert Bly on Bill Moyers
- Music: Dayvan Cowboy – Boards of Canada / The Campfire Headphase
- Garry Shandling and Christopher Monger remembering Roy London with Elvis Mitchell on The Treatment
- Music: Closure – Aly and AJ / Insomniatic