ymatt did some more awesome CSS-slinging on our collective behalf, and the result is now before you: the Kubrick-derived lies.com theme.
Some things are broken in the new version of the site. Some of them turn out to have been broken in the old version of the site, too, since the upgrade to WordPress 1.5; I just hadn’t noticed before now. Among the things that are broken, and that I intend to fix:
- The graphic header isn’t linking to the site’s top-level page.
- Only 20 posts are being shown on any archive page, with no working link being given to view more of them.
- The “Previous” links above and below certain pages are giving 404 errors when you try to follow them.
- There’s no explicit permalink link being given for each item on archive pages.
- The blogroll and contact info pages aren’t being linked to from the template sidebar.
- Categories aren’t being displayed in alphabetical order in the sidebar.
- The old, circular category icons aren’t being used (though I’m currently debating with various interested parties whether this is a bug or a feature).
(Update: And now, all of those except the last one have been fixed, I believe.)
Those are all the things I know about as of now. Please add any that you notice using the comments (assuming that isn’t broken, too). Thanks.
Everything should be spiffy soon. Please just bear with me.
Oh, and I wanted to include the very cool original image that ymatt used to make the new header:
For you young whippersnappers who don’t know your recent history, that’s Oliver North conferring with his lawyer, Brendan “What am I, a potted plant?” Sullivan.